START 156...Photobucket.150...146.....140...136.....130...126 GOAL

I’m Not Gonna Lie…

I’m not gonna lie…I feel fat. And that’s a big part of why I’m doing this {“this” being the new blog and the whole “getting in shape thing}. This blog isn’t going to be as entertaining as Domestic Dork, I’m sure. Because, really, reading about what I eat? Not that exciting. And I’m not going to worry so much about grammar and typos on this blog. Because, while I’m sharing it {for accountability, and just in case someone does find it interesting for some reason} this blog is for me.

There was a point last year when I could run a mile. I’m afraid to see how far I could run now. I’m pretty sure I couldn’t make it a mile without having to stop and walk. So I’m back to square one in my efforts to be a runner. Someday I’d like to run a marathon. But first I need to be able to run a 5K. And before I can do that I have to get off my butt and run, period.

Sugar and I, well…we’re tight. But sugar isn’t a good friend. I need to spend way less time with her. Water, on the other hand, does not see me enough. She and I need to reunite. That’s why I’m gonna have 3 glasses of water a day for the next 31 days. They say you should have 8 glasses. But you know what, I’m starting small. I’m not gonna let perfectionism get me down. 3 glasses a day is better than 0 glasses a day and if I feel overwhelmed by the goal of 8 glasses than I can promise you I’ll give up.

Tonight I’m going on a walk with Adam and Lucy. It’s another small step, but it’s better than sitting on the couch and watching a movie which is normally what we do in the evenings.

I’m going to try the whole food journal thing. I’ll post everything I consume here on The Last 30 Pounds {30lbs}. Maybe knowing I have to tell the world that I ate a box of mini-donuts for lunch will be motivation enough to NOT eat the box of mini-donuts for lunch…you know, just for example…not like I would ever really eat a box of mini-donuts for lunch…*cough cough*…um, yeah…moving on!

So, why am I doing this? Well, like I said, I feel fat. And yeah, I know…we live in a culture with an unhealthy obsession with looks and I shouldn’t focus on my appearance as much as I should being healthy. Weight is just a number, yada yada yada. But even though I know that, I still don’t like feeling fat. I can fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans, but by “fit” I mean I can get them on, not that they’re comfortable or that I don’t have a massive muffin top spilling over them {because they aren’t and I do}. I’d like for that to change. I’d like to be about the size I was when I got married {which was a little over 4 years ago}. Maybe that’s not possible since I’ve had a baby. But I need a goal and that’s what I’ve chosen.

I also want to do this for Lucy. Aside from the appearance factor I’m not healthy. I’m too sedentary and I don’t eat well enough {I blame a lot of that on the fact that I hate, hate, HATE cooking}. I need to set a good example for her.

I’m also doing this for myself, to prove to myself that I CAN make changes, that I AM stronger than I think, that my will power is not entirely non-existent.

I’m not sure if I’ll choose a reward for myself should I reach my goal. I’m not sure yet what all I’m going to do. I’ll start with the water, and the food journal, and exercising for comments {1 minute per legitimate comment on this blog}. I’m also experimenting with the off-brand SlimFast. It’s maybe not the healthiest food ever, but it’s better than skipping lunch and then going overboard on junky snack foods because I’m so hungry.

So, that’s that. Welcome to my new blog.

siggy

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! This post actually has me feeling really inspired. I know Sugar very well myself... *sigh*

    It sounds like you've have a great start and have some good, realistic goals set. I definitely feel you on starting small and working up so that you don't feel overwhelmed. Although, personally, I haven't really started on the "working up part yet" ;) But, even small changes can have a big impact over time.

    Any how - just wanted to wish you good luck!!

    And, I love how you tweaked your DD avatar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I will comment again when I have exercised at least 1 minute for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went for a walk with the family so there's the minute {plus extra!} for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited to follow this new spin-off! I am also working on losing some weight, and while I would ideally like to lose about 50 lbs, I am starting with 20 at a time. It's great keeping a food journal and I love that you're keeping track of all the little foods Lucy is force-feeding you. My kids also share a lot and it can be hard to turn them down! :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did 1 minute of free weights for your comment.

    Good luck to you too! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! So you don't feel bad about the water, it's a myth that you actually need that much. You get a lot of water from fruits and vegetables and any liquid counts (except pop). The rule is just drink enough to be hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I've heard that. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of what the current thought is since there is so much contradiction in the worlds of food and fitness.

    I did 1 minute of free weights for this comment.

    ReplyDelete

I exercise for comments! So leave your {related} comment below. I'll exercise for one minute per "real" comment. Support is always appreciated.