START 156...Photobucket.150...146.....140...136.....130...126 GOAL

Progress Report

I’m doing well, really well, too well. I’ve lost 5 pounds in a week. My goal was 1 pound a week. 5 pounds a week is doable…for people who aren’t breastfeeding. But it’s just too fast for me right now. Even my Wii Fit expressed concern about my rate of loss. It kinda sucks to purposely slow down when my new eating habits are working so well. But, oh well. I’ll get to my goal eventually, even if it takes a while.

What am I doing that’s working so well? For starters, my food journal is making a big difference. Not only do I have to admit to myself what I’m eating I have the accountability of this blog. It’s a lot easier to resist eating a box of donuts when you know you have to tell the world about it. The food journal also helps me really see what’s going on. And, after counting calories for several days, I’ve gotten a much better idea of what my needs look like. It’s also a lot easier to look at the label on a food and determine if it’s a low-cal or high-cal choice. I’m not counting calories at the moment, but I learned a lot from doing it and I highly recommend giving it a try.

Another suggestion I have is Special K and Weight Watchers products. I’ve come to think of them as my secret weapons. The Special K cereal is really low-cal so I can have a big bowl of it but it’s the caloric equivalent of a small bowl of something else. And the Weight Watchers items are helpful because of the portion sizes. The cakes are small, individually wrapped portions so it’s easy to say “OK, I’ve had one, I’m done.” And the bread is good, and also in smaller portions than regular bread.  {By the way, I’m not getting free samples or anything, these are just my opinions on things I’ve tried on my own.}

I still haven’t taken “before” pictures, but you can get idea of where I’m starting from by checking out these pictures.

Anyway, just thought I’d check in with my progress. Thanks so much for all your support so far. It’s been helpful. :)

siggy

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Congrats! Yes 5 lbs is a lot for one week but at least you are making positive changes. :) Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

I exercise for comments! So leave your {related} comment below. I'll exercise for one minute per "real" comment. Support is always appreciated.