START 156...Photobucket.150...146.....140...136.....130...126 GOAL

Morning Food Journal

Breakfast:

  • 1 cup life cereal w/ 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1 cup green juice
  • 1 glass water w/Benefiber WM
  • fruit salad {1 kiwi, 1 clemmy – we ran out of banana yesterday}
  • vitamins

Some thoughts on counting calories:

This calorie counting thing is both easier and harder than I expected. I’m going to keep it up for as long as I feel like it. I don’t want to force myself to do it if it stops being helpful but at the moment I’m finding it really educational. I’m getting a better idea of what a serving size REALLY is, and what it feels like to eat what I need vs. what I want. It’s kind of like our financial budget. We have so much money we can spend each month and we need to keep are spending at or under that amount. And some things are just too expensive to fit into the budget, or need to be severely limited. Well, I have so many calories I can eat each day and I need to keep my eating at or under that amount. And some things are just too “expensive” to fit into the budget, or need to be severely limited. Same principle. In fact, a recent Psychology Today article suggests that setting a “mental budget” helps with self control. And I’m finding that’s true for me. Self-control has never been my strong suit, which is probably why I’m 30 pounds overweight to begin with. It’s certainly not my metabolism’s fault {I have a great metabolism}. So, for now, I’m gonna keep it up.

2 comments:

  1. I have such a hard time counting calories. I don't know what my problem is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, to be honest, I don't have a lot of commitments requiring my time and attention. So it's fairly easy for me to take ten minutes and count up my intake for the day.

    I went for a walk for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

I exercise for comments! So leave your {related} comment below. I'll exercise for one minute per "real" comment. Support is always appreciated.